Guru Bike Fitting
Who Should Get a Bike Fit?
Anyone who spends any length of time riding a bicycle will benefit greatly from getting a professional bike fit. Whether you’re riding 10 miles around the neighborhood or 100 miles to train for an upcoming race, a professional bike fit will make a huge difference in your riding comfort, performance and overall enjoyment of cycling.
Benefits of a Proper Bike Fit
Getting properly fit can:
- Reduce pain and improve overall riding comfort
- Help prevent cycling-induced repetitive stress injuries
- Increase your efficiency and cycling speed
- Increase your bike handling ability and safety
- Help you get more enjoyment out of cycling
A good bike fit will have you waking up in the morning saying “I can’t wait to ride my bike!”
When Should You Get a Bike Fit?
The ideal time to get a bike fit is before you buy a bike, so you can select one that is best suited to your body geometry and riding preferences. No one wants to spend thousand(s) on a bike that isn't right for them. But if you’re not in the market for a new bike, that’s okay too. A bike fit can also give you the optimum riding position for use on your current bike.
How Much Does a Bike Fit Cost?
Our Guru dynamic bike fits range between $125-$300. It might sound expensive, but dollar-for-dollar it's the best thing you can do to improve your cycling. And if you decide to buy a bike from us after your fit, we'll give you $ credits toward your new bike purchase (see below), in some cases making your bike fit FREE!
Why a Guru Bike Fit?
We are proud to have a Guru Dynamic Fit Unit (DFU), the most advanced bike fit system in the world, and a Guru-certified fitter on staff. Unlike other fit systems, the Guru DFU makes adjustments in real-time so you can instantly feel the difference that even small changes make. This is critical because it's very difficult to compare, for example, a 5mm difference in saddle height if you have to get off the bike to alter the position. All of Guru's measurements can be adjusted in real-time so you can experiment with saddle height, handlebar height, stem length, etc. while getting immediate and accurate feedback. The Guru system also delivers a personalized fit report that outlines your exact riding position coordinates and tailored bike recommendations (from a database with over 10,000 bike models) to match your riding preferences.
Fit Options at Evolve Bicycles
Each Guru bike fitting session starts with a few questions about your personal riding habits, goals and expectations. We then use the Guru Rider Scan camera system to capture all your key anatomic measurements (much faster and less awkward than measurements by hand!) before you hop on the dynamic fit unit.
#1 - THE BASIC GURU BIKE FIT
The Basic Guru Bike Fit gives you the perfect riding position for a new bike or optimizes your riding position on an existing bike.
Time: 1 – 1 ½ hours, with 40 minutes of riding time
What to Bring: Cycling shorts, shoes and pedals (available for purchase at the shop if needed)
What you Get: A detailed fit report with your personalized xy coordinates and bike recommendations, sent via email.
- F.I.S.T. fit protocol guides you to a comfortable and efficient riding position
- Real-time position adjustments - you never stop pedaling or need to dismount
- Streaming video to track riding position changes
- Baseline power and cadence analysis to track efficiency
- Fizik Spine Concept test recommends the best saddle to match your flexibility
- Zipp handlebar recommendation based on your ergonomics
- Detailed report with your personalized fit coordinates and bike recommendations
*If you decide to purchase a bike from us within 30 days of your basic fit, we’ll give you a:
- $50 credit toward a new bike purchase between $750-$2000
- $125 credit toward a new bike purchase over $2000 (makes the fit basically FREE!)
#2 - THE PREMIUM GURU BIKE FIT
This full, custom fit is for advanced road cyclists and triathletes looking to find the best position for optimal performance.
Time: 2 – 3 hours, with at least 1 hour of riding time
What to Bring: Cycling shorts, shoes and pedals (available to purchase if needed)
What you Get: A detailed report with your personalized x & y coordinates and bike recommendations, sent via email.
Includes every feature of the Basic Guru bike fit as well as these additional performance optimization features to deliver a comprehensive analysis of your optimal riding position.
- A-line insole analysis
- In-depth body angle analysis
- Spin Scan module provides comprehensive power analysis
- Compare Fizik saddles and Zipp handlebars to select optimal components
- Triathlon/time trial-specific fit module
- 30-day post-session adjustment period to further modify position
*If you decide to purchase a bike from us within 60 days of your premium fit, we’ll give you a:
- $150 credit toward a new bike purchase under $3000
- $300 credit toward a new bike purchase over $3000 (makes the fit basically FREE!)